Built in Saint-Estèphe by the Merman family at the beginning of the 19th century (1815-1830), the château is surrounded by vineyards and a 6-hectare park. Originally called « Cru de Croc », the estate had only 17 hectares of vines. The name was changed to « Château Le Crock » in 1880, as the vineyard continued to expand. In 1903, the Cuvelier family, wine merchants from the North of France, acquired the estate, which now comprises 32 hectares. The family, now headed by Didier Cuvelier since 1979, endeavored to see their château prosper and become a Cru Bourgeois in 1932.